All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. May peace and blessings be upon the last of the Prophets and Messengers, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
Due to the continued distortion of the Western media, some non-Muslims, especially in the West, have questioned what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has presented for humanity and what his contribution to humanity has been. Apart from being a part of the continuous process of presenting the true identity of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to the world, one of our assigned duties is to answer this question without going into details. The last of the prophets and messengers, our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has brought a brief gift for the world humanity.
We will try to discuss that by dividing it into ten points below:
- Through the revelation of Allah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) has led the world humanity from the bondage of human beings and their slavery to the worship of Allah alone. In this way, man has been freed from the bondage of everything except Allah. Needless to say, this is the greatest honor of the man.
- Through the revelation of Allah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) has taught the world humanity not to bow before all myths and superstitions and all kinds of lies and deceptions. Inaccessible idols and illusory lords rescued from captivity. Freed from the belief in thoughts contrary to healthy conscience. For example, believing that God has a child from among human beings. Who has atoned for them by devoting himself to the welfare of humanity without any guilt or sin.
- Muhammad (peace be upon him) has solidified the foundations of forgiveness and generosity in the consciousness of world humanity. In the Holy Qur’an, Allah Himself has sent revelation to him saying that there is no compulsion in religion. Meanwhile, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) unequivocally guaranteed all the rights of non-Muslims living peacefully with Muslims. Declared the security of their lives, children, property, and honor. That is why Jews and Christians are still living a dignified life in Muslim countries. At the same time, Spain’s Judicial Inquiry Committee on Muslim Existence has announced its decision to purify the land from anti-Western civilization and anti-Western values.
- Muhammad (peace be upon him) was sent as a mercy from Allah to the whole world irrespective of religion, caste, and creed. In his teachings, there is no shortage of material that is important for showing kindness and tenderness to birds and animals. Prohibition of harassing them unnecessarily or ill-treating them.
- Muhammad (peace be upon him) has presented a brilliant picture of showing respect and reverence to all his previous prophets. Among them are Prophet Ibrahim, Moses, and Isa (peace be upon him). Also, Allah has sent down to him the message that whoever denies or disgraces any of them (the Prophets sent by Allah) is not a Muslim. Because all prophets are brothers. They are all equal in calling people to the one God.
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) protected the rights of all people, young and old, men and women alike. In this case, he did not flinch at his social status or standard of living. In this regard, he has set a set of excellent policies. One of them is some of the words of his historic speech given in the Farewell Hajj three months before his departure. He strongly condemned the killing of human blood, property, and honor. He was speaking at a time when the world was witnessing the Magna Carta Libertatum in 1215, the Habeas Corpus Act of 179, the British Bill of Rights of 1898, the American Declaration of Independence of 18, the French Declaration of Human and Civil Rights of 189, and the Declaration of Human Rights of 10 December 1948. The people of the world did not even imagine the declaration of universal human rights.
- Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised the standard of morality in human life to a very high level. He called upon the people to maintain good morals and virtuous qualities. As he called for honesty, truthfulness, and characterlessness. He said that in order to strengthen social relations, he should maintain good relations with his parents and relatives. He has also successfully applied it in his life. On the other hand, he forbade the use of dishonest character. He has warned others to stay away from evil, just as he himself has stayed away from evil. Such as lying, deceit, violence, adultery, and disobedience to parents. Not only that, but he also said that the problems caused by these are remedied.
- Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to use his intellect in the face of receiving revelation from Allaah. Encourages creation to unfold and gain its identity. He considered it as a virtuous deed. But at the same time, the wise and thoughtful heroes of other civilizations were being tortured. Insult to religion and hatred of religion was being given the highest value at that time. Preachers were being punished and even threatened with death.
- Through the revelation of Allah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) emerged with a religion that is friendly to human nature and nature, which aims at spiritual food and physical needs. Provides a balance between worldly affairs and the Hereafter. Sophisticated and refined human instincts and inclinations. It does not destroy or suppress it like the civilizations of other nations. In the civilizations of other nations, they were immersed in idolatry against human nature. Religion deprived souls and ascetics of their natural rights. For example marriage. Deprived them of the right to express their innate humanitarian response to injustice. It left them completely unresponsive to injustice. Which made the education and taste of most of the children of that civilization almost extinct. But pushing them into the darkness of a mere inert world. Which only responds to the needs of the body and throws the soul into a vast emptiness.
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) presented a complete example of brotherhood among the people for the welfare of mankind. He made it clear that there is no superiority over any human community over any other human community. They are all equal in terms of the original creation, rights, and duties. Excellence will be considered only in terms of faith and taqwa i.e. faith and fear of Allah. He has given equal opportunity to all his companions to serve and be involved in the religion. So among them were Suhaib Rumi (from Rome), Bilal Habashi (from Abyssinia), and Salman Farsi (from Persia) along with the Arabs.
Each of these ten points demands a detailed discussion with brief evidence. But this is not enough to mention the gift that Muhammad (peace be upon him) gave to humanity through the revelation of Allah.
May Allah’s peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, all his prophetic brothers, and all his family and companions and followers.
Wrote: Dr. Adel bin Ali Ash-Shiddi