Some Valuable Prophetic Advice for our children.
Ibn ‘Abbas, May Allah be pleased with him and his father, reported:
I was riding behind the Prophet(PBUH) one day when he said to me, ” O son, I am going to teach you some advice.
- “Observe Allah, he guards you.”(Obey His commands and Avoid His Prohibition, he protect you in this world and in the world to come.)
- “Observe Allah, you will find home ahead of you.”(Believe the limits set by Allah and his Rights, He bring you to success and support you.
- “When you ask Allah, ask Allah, and when you seek help, seek the help of Allah.” ( When you need a thing, ask Allah for it, and when you need help to accomplish any of your affairs, then seek the help of Allah, particularly in the things that only Allah can provide such as curing sickness, providing sustenance,etc.)
- “And be certain that was the whole Ummah ( nation) to collaborate to benefit you, they would never benefit you except in a thing which Allah has already foreordained for you, and if they were to collaborate to harm you, they would never harm you except in a thing which Allah has already foreordained against you.” (This reflects deep faith in the “Qada and Qadar” ita good and evil consequences).
- “The pens are lifted and the sheets have become dry.”
- “Recognize Allah at times of ease, he recognizes you at times of difficulty.”(Fulfill the Rights of Allah, and the rights of people at times of ease, He helps and relieves you at the time of your difficulties.)
- “And rest assured that whatever misses you, it would never befall you, and whatever befalls you, it would never miss you.” (If Allah withholds a thing from you, it will never reach you. And if Allah grants you a thing, there is none to withholds it from you.)
- “And you should know that victory comes with endurance.” ( victory against the enemy and the ego depends on perseverance and endurance.)
- “And the relief comes through.” (Distress that afflicted a believer, comes along with its relief.)
- “And along with difficulty comes ease.”
Source: Book: Guidelines For Raising Children