Following are the DO’S and DON’TS in the Mosque, staying in and returning from the masjid:
- To make wudu at home and walk to the masjid, for each step taken Allah (SWT) will erase one of your sins and the next will raise your degrees.
- Make the following duas before going to the masjid:
- A) In the name of Allah, I put my trust in Allah. O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray or cause injustice or suffer injustice or do wrong or have wrong done to me. B) ‘In the name of Allah, I put my trust in Allah. There is no power or might except with Allah. C) “O Allah, make light in my heart, and light in my vision, and light in my hearing, and light on my right, and light behind me, and light in my nerves, and light in my flesh, and light in my blood, and light in my hair and light in my skin.”
- Enter the masjid with your right foot first and to say: “I seek refuge in Allah, the Exalted, and by His honorable face, and in His everlasting authority, [away] from the outcast Satan. In the name of Allah! O Allah, shower blessings upon Muhammad. O Allah, forgive my sins for me and open for me the doors of Your mercy.”
- Leave the masjid with your left foot first and say: “In the name of Allah! O Allah, shower blessings upon Muhammad. O Allah, forgive my sins for me and open for me the doors of Your bounty. O Allah, protect me from the accursed Satan.”
- Offer two rakah as salutation to the masjid ( tahyyatul masjid) before sitting.
- Keep the masjid clean and scented.
- Keep the masjid in good order.
- It is permissible to talk and even laugh as long as it is about permissible.
- It is permissible to eat, drink, or sleep in the masjid.
- Avoid eating raw garlic, onion, or leek.
- Do not announce lost objects, trading or reciting poetry in the masjid (poetry consisting of ridiculing a Muslim, praising a wrongdoer or lewdness)
- Do not step over people’s neck except for an Imam or to reach an opening.
- Do not pass in front of a praying person.
- Do not pick a special place for yourself.
- Do not make a place in between already seated people.
- Do not beg inside or outside the masjid unless there is a real need for it.
- Do not raise your voice except for teaching.
- It is disliked while going to or inside the masjid to clasp the hands or intertwining the fingers.
Note: All the reference Hadith you can find in Sunnah.com