Importance of Tawakkul
Tawakkul is basically the “trust and reliance on Allah” that is accepting the results that He decides regardless of how they may turn out to be. We may face challenges and difficult situations in our life but we have to face them strongly while believing in Allah Almighty that is the concept of Tawakkul. Tawakkul is our belief and the attitude that we have about putting trust in Allah to take care of all affairs of our life.
In the Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says: “And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever places his trust in Allah, Sufficient is He for him, for Allah will surely accomplish His Purpose: For verily, Allah has appointed for all things a due proportion.” (Quran, 65:3). From this verse, we can say that always trust and rely on Allah because He is the Best Sustainer and He will guide us in our difficult time and surely He will protect us.
In the Holy Quran Allah Almighty clear that Tawakkul is not an option rather a requirement. Allah says in the Quran in words: “…And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed” (Quran, 5: 23). When we talk about Tawakkul we say that we depend on Allah for everything and place reliance on Him. We trust Allah on all things no matter its worldly affairs or related to Deen.
Tawakkul involves belief, dependence and action mean we have to rely on Allah because without His permission nothing could happen or occur. If we believe in Allah then it means we have our faith in Him, so we can say Tawakkul is the part of One’s faith. In Holy Quran Allah says: “The Believers Are Only Those Who, When Allah Is Mentioned, Feel a Fear in Their Hearts and When His Verses Are Recited to Them, They Increase Their Faith; And They Put Their Trust In Their Lord.” (Quran, Surah Al-Anfal)
Tawakkul is a kind of light for our hearts and a means for us to seek nearness towards Allah (SWT) in a manner that absolutely nothing else can achieve. The element of this quality of the heart is built upon two very important pillars: dependence upon Allah and trust in Allah.
Levels of Tawakkul
There are some levels of Tawakkul through which we can understand it easily and we are going to discuss them below:
- If we have to describe the first level of Tawakkul it could be Tawhid that is the basis for Tawakkul. We have to believe that Allah Almighty is the Best Sustainer and He is All-Knowing, He is All-Capable and sufficient to rely on. All things could happen or occur only with His Will and Instructions.
- The second level is to believe that every matter has a cause or a means. Some people give up utilizing these means due to their ignorance and think that this is the reliance on Allah Almighty. They wait for Allah (SWT) to send down their provisions, feed them and take care of their concerns and affairs while they do nothing. We should not be complacent or inactive; we should do everything that’s available to us to reach our goals. We have to believe in Allah but with that, we have to do something by ourselves for living our lives.
- The third level is to remain firm in relying on Allah alone. Indeed, a person’s reliance on Allah cannot be fulfilled until one relies on Him alone.
- The fourth level is to depend on Allah wholeheartedly and feel tranquility when doing so, to the extent that one does not feel confused about their provision.
- The highest level of Tawakkul, towards which we should all seek, of course, is to realize that the element of reliance on Allah is to trust all matters to Him voluntarily, without feeling forced to do so.
Benefits of Tawakkul
There are benefits of Tawakkul some of them we will discuss below:
- No matter what hardship or misfortune befalls one, it will be accepted without panic and the heart will remain strong in the face of such hardships. The strong belief that is Tawakkul will indicate that Allah’s wish is in this occurrence and it cannot be opposed. It is the Mercy of Allah that He has told us that our responsibility is limited. And that is the meaning of “On no soul does Allah place a burden greater than it can bear” (Quran 2: 286). We should believe in Allah no matter what he has put on us it will going to be an end by His Mercy.
- Tawakkul is that it invites us to connect to a powerful associate who is no one but the Lord Himself. The more we rely on Him, the greater the chances that we will try to please Him by following the guidance He has given us, which in turn will lead to goodness in this world and success in the Hereafter.
- The believers who have Tawakkul will attribute everything to the Will and Pleasure of Allah (SWT). He will thus be penetrating with obedience. Such a man will not be arrogant and imperious.
- By fully trusting on Allah and relying on Him, we are not depressed by what we have lost or intoxicated by our success. We know that all things are in Allah’s hands. And that makes us not only humbler but more submissive to Lord, thus better believers.
Relying on Allah Almighty can impart full satisfaction and peace in a person. Muslims should never become disheartened and discouraged in difficult situations. Repose to all your trust in Allah (SWT). Let’s seek to understand the concept of Tawakkul and to make it part of our belief systems. We will see that things will not only get resolved easier with His help, but Tawakkul will also relieve us from the day to day suffering and worries associated with the challenges of this life. May Allah help us in all difficult situations and give us the strength to overcome them. Ameen!
we have a small favor to ask. More people are reading Ineed-Allah.com than ever before and all our content is free and always will be. Your support helps us spread knowledge to millions of people worldwide also earning you valuable blessings
Ineed-Allah.com is something special, it’s a place where people can come to be inspired, to renew their faith, to learn and share knowledge, to fall in love with our faith and also our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his family).
The Prophet said, Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward. (Sahih Muslim)
We hope you’ll support our work because it will also make a big positive difference in your life too.
Help secure our future today by clicking here: