1. Dua for sleeping: Allahumma bismika a’mutu wa ahiya ‘)
Meaning: O Allah! I die in your name and live in your name. (Bukhari 6314, Muslim 7062)
2. Before going to sleep, recite Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falaq, and Surah Nas once and blow it with both hands as far as it goes from head to body. It will suffice for safety from any (harmful) thing. (Muslim 4/1723, Tirmidhi 3575, Abu Dawood 5082, Nasai 5428, 5429).
3. If you recite ‘Subhanallah’ 33 times, ‘Alhamdulillah’ 33 times, and Allahu Akbar 34 times, one thousand deeds are added to the scales. ( Sahih Muslim, 6808).
4. Recitation of Surah Kafirun is one of the ways to avoid shirk. (Sahih Targib No. 602).
5. The most dignified verse of the Quran is ‘Ayatul Kursi’. A guardian will be appointed by Allah for the person who recites it while sleeping and Satan will not be able to come to him till morning (Bukhari H / 2311). When Ayatollah Kursi recites while lying down, a guardian is appointed by Allah and Satan cannot be close to that reader. (Bu: 4/487).
. For one who recites the last two verses of Surah Al-Baqarah at night, those two will suffice. That night will be enough to deal with unpleasant things or enough from the salat of Tahajjud. (Riazusbalehin H / 1024, Bukhari H / 4008). Reading the last two verses of Surah Bakbar is enough for all kinds of security. (Bukhari 9/94, Muslim, 1554).
. ‘Surah Mulk’ will make a recommendation for its reader and in the end, the reader will be forgiven.
(Abu Dawood H / 1400, Ibn Majah H / 38).
. Repentance / Forgiveness:
Istegfar / The best prayer for forgiveness
O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god but you. You created me. I am your slave. I am on promise and commitment with you as much as possible. I seek refuge in You from the evil of all that I have done. I acknowledge the blessings you have bestowed on me. And I confess my sins. You forgive me Because no one can forgive sins except you.
a person with full faith recites this prayer in the morning and dies before nightfall or if he dies before nightfall in the morning, he will go to Paradise.
( Bukhari 5/2323 , No. 5947)
Read Next: 5 Conditions for Accepting Repentance