Love for Allah.
In the age of ignorance, people had no idea about “love for Allah”. Nationalism was the basic basis of their relationship with each other. The light of Islam was revealed by the special grace of Allah. Excellence in establishing mutual relations is real. Religious relations took the form of supreme and noble relations. Rewards, rewards, love, and hate are based on this relationship. With the development of Islam, terms like Islamic brotherhood and love for Allah were introduced. Love for Allah means to seek the welfare and obedience of one Muslim brother to another Muslim brother. No involvement of wealth, lineage, or place will be the criterion of relationship and love.
Some of the virtues of loving Allah:
(1) Allah loves those who establish a love for Allah: -Abu Hurairah Ra. Narrated from: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man went out to meet his brother who lived in another village. Allah the Almighty sent an angel for him. When the angel approached the man, he said, “Where are you going?” “My purpose is to meet one of my brothers who lives in this village,” he said. The angel said, “Do you owe him anything?” He said no. But I love him for the sake of Allah. The angel said, “Indeed, I am a messenger from Allah to you.” Allah Almighty must have loved you as you loved him for Allah. [Sahih Muslim: 4657]
In the Hadith of Qudsi Allah says: “On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi).
(2) Those who love each other for the sake of Allah will be in the shadow of the Throne of Allah, the day when there will be no shadow except the shadow of His Throne: It was reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“There are seven whom Allaah will shade with His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His: the just ruler; a young man who grows up worshipping his Lord; a man whose heart is attached to the mosque; two men who love one another for the sake of Allaah and meet and part on that basis; a man who is called by a woman of rank and beauty and says ‘I fear Allaah’; a man who gives in charity and conceals it to such an extent that his left-hand does not know what his right hand gives; and a man who remembers Allaah when he is alone, and his eyes fill up.” (Agreed upon, narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 620; Muslim, no. 1712; and others).
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: “ Allaah will say on the Day of Resurrection, ‘Where are those who love one another for the sake of my satisfaction?’ Today – the day when there will be no shadow except my shadow – I will give them shade. [ Sahih Muslim: 4655]
(3) Love for Allah is a special means of entering Paradise: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You cannot enter Paradise unless you are believers. You cannot be a believer unless you love one another. [Sahih Muslim: 61]
Since one partner influences the other, it is the duty of every Muslim to check and choose the partner. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Man is guided by the customs of his friend, so each of you should think about who will be your friend. [ Tirmidhi: 2300]
Several qualities of a good partner
- Being pious and pious: Some of the signs of piety are mentioned below.
- To be careful in following the infallible rules given by Allah. Such as establishing Salat, paying Zakat, etc.
- To keep your tongue clean from Backslandering, curses, backbiting, etc…
- Giving good advice to your partner.
- Love your relative for the sake of Allah.
- Stay away from obscenity and filth.
- To cooperate in good deeds, to discourage sinful deeds.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Do not take a companion except the believer and let no one eat your food except the pious. ” [Tirmidhi: 3217]
(4) Being intelligent: There is no benefit in accepting a fool as a partner. Because to gain that will be a loss.
(5) Being of good character: Because you will be attacked by the evil deeds of a bad character, you will be in trouble.
(6) Live according to Sunnah: If your partner live a lofe Bida’t, then he or she will lead you too bida’t, it will contaminate your thoughts and consciousness,
Etiquette of religious brotherhood:
There are a number of etiquettes in the field of religious brotherhood which, if observed, will justify the claim of love for Allah. Below are some etiquettes mentioned.
Greetings and meet with a smile: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Never despise any good deed, even if it is to meet your brother with a smile. ” [Sahih Muslim: 4760]
Giving gifts: It has a huge effect on increasing love and eliminating monogamy. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Give gifts to one another, and your love for one another will increase. ”[ Muwatta: 1413]
One brother praying for another brother: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a Muslim prays for his brother behind his back, the angel becomes like him for you. [ Sahih Muslim: 4912] And it will continue throughout his life and even after death.
Expressing love to another brother: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ When a man loves his brother, let him know that he loves him. And say to him: Surely I love you for the sake of Allah. In reply, he will say: You liked what you loved about me. ” [Abu Dawud: 4459)]
Maintaining balance in meeting: so that neither less nor more, if less, the relationship will be broken, if more, it will be annoying. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Meet at intervals, love will increase. ”
The poet says: Meet with a break, love will increase, the discomfort of meeting and meeting, again and again, will take him away.
Helping and meeting needs: It can be divided into three stages
- Maximum level: giving priority to the needs of other brothers over one’s own needs
- Intermediate: To meet the needs of another brother without application which does not conflict with his own needs.
- Lower stage: Responding to the needs of the other brother in terms of application.
Covering the other brother’s faults, not revealing his secrets, advising him in the best way, preserving his honor, forgiving mistakes, looking at him with a beautiful eye, treating him nicely.