Allah (SWT) has commanded people to call upon Him humbly and sincerely, promising them He will respond to their prayers and fulfill their needs. Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said,” Verily supplication is worship.” He also, said, “Nothing is more dear to Allah than one’s supplication to Him” (Tirmidhi). In a second hadith, he (PBUH) said, “Allah’s wrath is on the one who does not call upon Him for help.” Aishah reported.” The Prophet (PBUH) said.” When a calamity descends the supplication intercepts it and holds it at bay until the Day of
– Consume lawful things from lawful sources.
– One must face Qiblah while making dua.
– Supplicate at most opportune times ( on the day of Arafah, during Ramadan,
on Friday, just before fajr, during prostration, at time of rainfall, at times of
panic, after each prescribed Salah).
– One’s hands should be raised up to shoulders.
– Start your supplication with Allah’s Praise and blessing on His Prophet.
– Supplicate with attention and humility.
– Voice should neither be loud or low.
– Do not supplicate for something sinful and for breaking ties with the blood
– Supplicate with confidence in its acceptance.
– Do not supplicate against yourself, your family, or your property.
– Supplication of a father, of one who is fasting, a traveler, and an oppressed is
– Repeat supplication three times.
– When supplicating for someone begin with yourself.
– Opening words for a supplication – O Allah, I ask You, I bear witness that there is no god but You, the One, The Eternal, Besought of all, Who begets not, nor is begotten; and there is none like unto Him. The prophet (PBUH) said, “ If anyone calls Allah by His great names, his supplication will be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT SAY OR DO ANYTHING WHICH IS NOT BEEN
MENTIONED EITHER IN THE QUR’AN OR THE AUTHENTIC HADITH.
Source: Fiqh us-Sunnah Vol. IV By As-Sayyid Sabiq