In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
These are the Verses of the Book, and a plain Qur’an.
2. Perhaps (often) will those who disbelieve wish that they were Muslims [those who have submitted themselves to Allah’s Will in Islam Islamic Monotheism, this will be on the Day of Resurrection when they will see the disbelievers going to Hell and the Muslims going to Paradise].
3. Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope. They will come to know!
6. And they say: “O you (Muhammad ) to whom the Dhikr (the Qur’an) has been sent down! Verily, you are a mad man.
8. We send not the angels down except with the truth (i.e. for torment, etc.), and in that case, they (the disbelievers) would have no respite!
9. Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’an) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption) .
12. Thus do We let it (polytheism and disbelief) enter into the hearts of the Mujrimun [criminals, polytheists, pagans, etc. (because of their mockery at the Messengers)].
13. They would not believe in it (the Qur’an), and already the example of (Allah’s punishment of) the ancients (who disbelieved) has gone forth.
14. And even if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they were to continue ascending thereto,
19. And the earth We spread out, and placed therein firm mountains, and caused to grow therein all kinds of things in due proportion.
20. And We have provided therein means of living, for you and for those whom you provide not [moving (living) creatures, cattle, beasts, and other animals].
21. And there is not a thing, but with Us are the stores thereof. And We send it not down except in a known measure.
22. And We send the winds fertilizing (to fill heavily the clouds with water), then caused the water (rain) to descend from the sky, and We gave it to you to drink, and it is not you who are the owners of its stores [i.e. to give water to whom you like or to withhold it from whom you like].
24. And indeed, We know the first generations of you who had passed away, and indeed, We know the present generations of you (mankind), and also those who will come afterwards.
28. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: “I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.
29. “So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him.”
33. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.”
34. (Allah) said: “Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajim (an outcast or a cursed one).” [Tafsir At-Tabari]
35. “And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).”
36. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected.”
39. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.
42. “Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghawin (Mushrikun and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).
45. “Truly! The Muttaqun (pious and righteous persons – see V.2:2) will be amidst Gardens and water-springs (Paradise).
47. “And We shall remove from their breasts any sense of injury (that they may have), (So they will be like) brothers facing each other on thrones.
52. When they entered unto him, and said: Salaman (peace)! [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Indeed! We are afraid of you.”
53. They (the angels) said: “Do not be afraid! We give you glad tidings of a boy (son) possessing much knowledge and wisdom.”
54. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Do you give me glad tidings (of a son) when old age has overtaken me? Of what then is your news?”
56. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?”
57. [Ibrahim (Abraham) again] said: “What then is the business on which you have come, O Messengers?”
58. They (the angels) said: “We have been sent to a people who are Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners).
59. “(All) except the family of Lout (Lot). Them all we are surely going to save (from destruction).
60. “Except his wife, of whom We have decreed that she shall be of those who remain behind (i.e. she will be destroyed).”
64. “And we have brought to you the truth (the news of the destruction of your nation) and certainly, we tell the truth.
65. “Then travel in a part of the night with your family, and you go behind them in the rear, and let no one amongst you look back, but go on to where you are ordered.”
66. And We made known this decree to him, that the root of those (sinners) was to be cut off in the early morning.
70. They (people of the city) said: “Did we not forbid you to entertain (or protect) any of the ‘Alamin (people, foreigners, strangers, etc. from us)?”
71. [Lout (Lot)] said: “These (the girls of the nation) are my daughters (to marry lawfully), if you must act (so).”
74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.
75. Surely! In this are signs, for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allah).
76. And verily! They (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now) .
78. And the dwellers in the wood [i.e. the people of Madyan (Midian) to whom Prophet Shu’aib () was sent by Allah), were also Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).
83. But As-Saihah (torment – awful cry etc.) overtook them in the early morning (of the fourth day of their promised punishment days).
85. And We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and the Hour is surely coming, so overlook (O Muhammad ), their faults with gracious forgiveness. [This was before the ordainment of Jihad holy fighting in Allah’s Cause].
87. And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al-Mathani (the seven repeatedly recited Verses), (i.e. Surat Al-Fatiha) and the Grand Qur’an .
88. Look not with your eyes ambitiously at what We have bestowed on certain classes of them (the disbelievers), nor grieve over them. And lower your wings for the believers (be courteous to the fellow-believers).
94. Therefore proclaim openly (Allah’s Message Islamic Monotheism) that which you are commanded, and turn away from Al-Mushrikun (polytheists, idolaters, and disbelievers, etc. – see V.2:105).