The importance of Ayatul kusri cannot take as light. Ayatul kursi one of the dua where our beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) commands to read every fard prayer.
Importance of Ayatul Kursi
Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah of Surah Al-Baqarah (verse255). Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said it is the most important Ayah in the Quran. It is one of the four parts of the Quran that are attached to Arsh (Allah’s Throne). The significance of the Ayatul-Kursi can be invoked from these sayings of prominent holy personalities. Hazrat Ali (R.A) said, “The Ayahs leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.”
Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
The narrations (hadith) that speak of the virtues, and benefits, of Ayatul Kursi, are numerous.
Narrated Abu Huraira: Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah’s Apostle!” Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said: That person said (to me), “Please don’t take me to Allah’s Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to your bed, recite Ayatul Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.” When the Prophet heard the story he said (to me), “He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan.”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 61 Hadith 530
Benefits of Reciting Ayatul Kursi
Below are some benefits of reciting Ayatul Kursi that every Muslims needs to know:
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi every morning will be in the protection, the safety of Allah until the night.
- If a person recites it once, when going out of the home, Almighty Allah has a group of Angels to come and protect him/her. If recited twice, then two groups of Angels are assigned to do this. If recited thrice, Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty himself takes care of the person.
- Allah Almighty told Hazrat Musa (A.S), “If one recites it after every payer, the Almighty Allah will make his heart a thankful one, will give him a reward of the Prophets and his deeds will be like those of the truthful and nothing except death will stop will stop him from going into heaven.”
- Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “These things increase one’s memory: sweets, the meat of an animal which is slaughtered in Islamic manner near the neck, Lentils, cold bread and recitation of Ayatul Kursi.”
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “If one recites Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after you and protect.”
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi after every prayer, their Prayer will be accepted, and they will remain in the safety of the Allah Almighty and He will protect them.
- Frequent recitation of Ayatul Kursi makes one’s own death easy.
- When someone is alone in the home, recitation of Ayatul Kursi will make him/her remain calm and will not fear.
The Holy Quran is a complete code of life, a code which many of us tend to forget for worldly pleasures. We should tend to follow the guidelines mentioned in the Holy Quran. Every single Muslim should memorize Ayatul Kursi and recite it as much as one can. Ayatul Kursi is one of the blessings of Allah Almighty that can help us stay away from all kinds of evil in this world. Let us start from today the recitation Ayatul Kursi.
we have a small favor to ask. More people are reading Ineed-Allah.com than ever before and all our content is free and always will be. Your support helps us spread knowledge to millions of people worldwide also earning you valuable blessings
Ineed-Allah.com is something special, it’s a place where people can come to be inspired, to renew their faith, to learn and share knowledge, to fall in love with our faith and also our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his family).
The Prophet said, Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward. (Sahih Muslim)
We hope you’ll support our work because it will also make a big positive difference in your life too.
Help secure our future today by clicking here: