Virtues of the ten days of the month of Zilhajj. The infinite grace of Allah (SWT) is that He has made some seasons for the pious servants, where they get the opportunity to do a lot of good deeds, which come and go again and again in their long life. The biggest and most important of these seasons are the ten days of the month of Jilhaj. Some documents of the Qur’an and Hadith about the virtues of the month of Jilhaj.
Virtues of the ten days of the month of Zilhajj:
1. Allaah says ( interpretation of the meaning ): “ By the dawn. I swear it’s ten nights. [ Surah Fajr: 1-2 ] Ibn Kathir (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The purpose of this verse is ten days of the month of Jilhaj.
2. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ Let them remember the name of Allaah on certain days. [ Hajj: 28 ] Ibn Abbas said: That is, the first ten days of the month of zilhajj.
3. Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “No good deeds can be done at a time better than these first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah.” It was said, “Not even jihad in the way of Allah?” The Prophet said, “Not even jihad in the way of Allah.”. ”[Source: al-Mu’jam al-Kabīr 10307 Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani]
4. Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: No day is dearer to Allah, nor is it better to do it than this ten days. So read Tahlil, Takbeer, and Tahmid more in it. ”[Tabarani Phil Muzamil Kabir]
5. Saeed ibn Jubayr, may Allah have mercy on him, used to narrate the hadith of Ibn Abbas narrated earlier: “ When the ten days of the month of Jilhaj entered, he would fight hard so that he would lose strength over him. ”[Darami, Hasan Sanade]
6. Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “ What is clear about the significance of the virtues of the ten days of the month of Jilhaj is that the main acts of worship have been combined here. That is, Salat, Siam, Sadaqah, and Hajj, which are not performed at other times. ”[Fathul Bari]
. Ulamaye Keram says: Ten days of the month of Jilhaj is the best day, and ten nights of the month of Ramadan, the best night.
The mustahabb to do in these days:
1) Salat: Performing the obligatory prayers on time, performing more and more nafl. Since these are the best means of attaining nearness to Allah. Narrated/Authority of Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “There are no days in this world during which worship is more beloved to Allah, Glorious is He, than the (first) ten days (of Dhul- Hijjah). ”[Sunan Ibn Majah] .
2) Fasting: Since fasting is one of the other good deeds, so fast very carefully these days. it was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah and the day of ‘Ashoora’ and three days of each month – the first Monday and two Thursdays.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad, 21829; Abu Dawood, 2437; classed as da’eef in Nasab al-Raayah, 2/180, but classed as Saheeh by al-Albaani.
3) Takbeer, Tahlil and Tahmid: It has already been narrated in the hadith of Ibn ‘Umar: In it, read more and more takbeer, tahlil and tahmeed. Imam Bukhari (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Ibn ‘Umar and Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with them) used to go out to the market to say takbeer for ten days, and people used to say takbeer when they saw them. He added that Ibn ‘Umar used to say takbeer in his tent in Mina, the people of the mosque would hear it, then they would say takbeer and the people of the market would also recite the takbeer of Mina at one stage. Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used to say takbeer in Mina in those days, after every prayer, in bed, in the tent, in the assembly and on the way. It is mustahab to say takbeer in one’s own words. Since ‘Umar, Ibn’ Umar and Abu Huraira have said takbeer in their own words. As Muslims, we should keep alive these Sunnahs, which are almost abandoned and forgotten in the present age, even from the righteous people, whereas our forefathers were not.
4) Fasting on the day of ‘Arafah: Fasting on the day of’ Arafah is very important for those other than pilgrims. As evident from the Messenger of Allah, Abu Hafsah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said: “Fasting on the Day of ‘Arafah absolves the sins for two years: the previous year and the coming year, and fasting on ‘Ashura, (the tenth day of Muharram) atones for the sins of previous years.“
5) A virtue of the day of the canal, that is, the tenth district: Many Muslims neglected the ten days of Jilhaj, but for many scholars, these days are unconditionally better, even than the days of Arafa. Ibn al-Qayyum (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The best day in the sight of Allaah is the day of the canal. And so the day of Hajj Akbar. As in Sunan Abu Dawud, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The greatest day with Allaah is the day of the canal, then the day of staying in Mina. That is the eleventh day. Some say: The day of ‘Arafah is better than that. Because the fast of that day is the expiation of two years. The amount of people that Allah saves from Hell on the Day of Arafat is unmatched by any other day. This is also because Allah is near to the servant on that day and is proud of the angels with the people of Arafa. However, the first statement is correct: because the hadith bears witness to it, there is nothing to contradict it. Anyway, better is the day of the minaret, not the day of Arafa,
How do we take the seasons of worship?
It is the duty of every Muslim to repent more and more during the month of Jilhajj Abstain from sin and disobedience. Because sin deprives people of Allah grace. Sin creates a barrier between a person’s heart and Allah. The servant should be more engaged in good deeds and good deeds which are the cause of Allah’s pleasure. Whoever proves the truth with Allah, Allah will fulfill His promise with him. He said: “ And I will surely guide those who strive in my way. ”[ Ankaboot: 69 ]
Elsewhere he says: “ And hasten to the forgiveness of your Lord and to Paradise, the extent of which is equal to the heavens and the earth, which has been prepared for the righteous. ”[ Al-Imran: 133 ]
O Muslim brother, be alert for these important moments, keep an eye on him so that he is not neglected by you in any way. As a result, you will be ashamed, but your shame will be of no use that day. Because the world is like a shadow. Today we are at work, tomorrow we will be at the Day of Judgment and Judgment, in Paradise or Hell. Be like them, whom Allah has mentioned in this verse: “ They used to compete in good deeds. And called me with hope and fear. And they were my most humble. ”[ Ambia: 90 ]
Provision of Eid-ul-Azha:
Be thankful to Allah that He has made you live a long time, as a result of which you have got the opportunity to reach these days and the opportunity to worship and do good deeds to attain nearness to Allah. Eid is a feature of the Ummah and a shining example of religion. It is your job to discover what that is and to bring it about. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ This is the law of Allaah; Whoever honors the revelations of Allah, it is from the piety of the heart. ”[ Hajj: 32 ]
Some brief etiquettes and rules regarding Eid:
1) Takbeer: Saying Takbeer from Fajr on the day of ‘Arafah to the end of Tashreeq, that is, on the thirteenth day of the month of Jilhaj. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ And remember Allaah on appointed days. ” [ Al-Baqarah 2: 203 ]
Method of reciting takbeer: It is Sunnah for men to recite takbeer aloud in mosques, markets, homes, and after prayers in order to raise the remembrance of Allah loudly and everywhere.
2) Sacrifice: Sacrifice on the day of Eid after the Eid prayer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Whoever sacrifices before Eid should offer another sacrifice in its place. And he who has not yet sacrificed should sacrifice now. [Bukhari and Muslim] Four days at the time of sacrifice. That is the day of the canal and the three days of its subsequent Tashreeq.
As the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ The day of Tashreeq is the day of sacrifice. [Sahih Hadith Complete: 246]
3) Bathing and perfume for men: Wearing beautiful clothes, not wearing clothes under the lid, not wasting on clothes. It is haraam not to shave. It is permissible for women to go to Eid prayer, but they refrain from displaying perfume and beauty. It is never befitting for a Muslim woman to engage in any religious act of worship for the sake of worshiping Allah. Such as displaying beauty, using perfume, etc. to attend the Eid prayer.
4) Eating the meat of the sacrifice: On the day of Eid al-Adha, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not eat until he returned from the Eid prayer, then he ate the meat of the sacrifice.
5) If possible, go to the Eid prayer on foot: It is Sunnah to perform the prayer at the Eid prayer . However, it is permissible to read in the mosque due to rain or any other reason, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) read it.
6) Praying with Muslims and taking part in khutbah: The famous and pure opinion of the scholars is that the Eid prayer is obligatory. This is what Ibn Taymiyyah said, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ So pray to your Lord and do nahr. ”[ Kawsar: 2 ]
The obligation of Eid prayer will not be waived without any suitable reason. Along with Muslims, women will also attend the Eid prayers. Even seasonal women and young girls. However, menstruating women will stay away from Eid prayer.
6) Changing the road: It is mustahabb to go to the Eid prayer by one road and return home from the Eid prayer by another road. Since it was done by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
6) Saying Eid greetings: Exchanging greetings on the day of Eid, such as saying: May Allah accept good deeds from us and from you. Or say something else like that.
It is important for everyone to be aware of some of the common innovations and misconceptions that are happening these days, such as:
1) Saying the combined takbeer: refrain from saying it in one voice or in unison after it is said by one person.
2) Engaging in haraam things on the day of Eid: Listening to music, watching movies, associating with strangers, etc.
3) Waste and transgression: To spend which has no purpose behind it, which has no benefit, and which has no benefit. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ And do not waste. Surely He does not love the extravagant. ”[An- Nam: 141 ]
The legitimacy of Eid ul Adha and some of its provisions:
Regarding the approval of Qurbani, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only)”[Al-Kauthar: 2 ]
He added: ” And I have made the sacrificial camel one of the signs of Allah for you. ”[ Hajj: 36 ]
Sacrifice is Sunnah Muakkada. It is makruh to give it up in spite of one’s ability. Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) is in the hadith, which has been narrated by Bukhari and Muslim. They said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) slaughtered two fresh and horned sheep with his own hands and he said Bismillah and Takbeer in it. ”
Sacrificial animal: Sacrifice is not pure except for camels, cows, and goats. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ So that they may remember the name of Allaah on the animals which He has provided for them. ”[ Hajj: 34 ]
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four faults in the sacrificial animal that are not tolerable: clear-eared, clear-sick, skeletal and lame. [Tirmidhi: Kitabul Hajj: 34]
Time of Sacrifice: The time of Qurbani begins after the Eid prayer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Whoever sacrifices before the prayer, sacrifices for himself. And he who offered a sacrifice after the sermon and Eid prayer, he fulfilled his sacrifice and circumcision. [Bukhari and Muslim]
He who has the ability to sacrifice beautifully should sacrifice with his own hands. At the time of Qurbani, say: The Qurbani will say his name or the name of the person on whose behalf the Qurbani is being performed.
As the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Bismillahi Allaahu Akbar; O Allah, this is from Me and from those who have not sacrificed in My Ummah. ”[Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi]
Distribution meat of Qurbani: Circumcision for the person offering Qurbani is to eat the meat of Qurbani himself, give gifts to relatives and neighbors and give charity to the poor. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ Then eat from it and give to the needy. ”[ Hajj: 28 ]
He added: “ Then eat from it. Give food to the needy, to those who do not reach out to people, and to the needy. ”[ Hajj: 36 ]
Many of the predecessors preferred to divide the sacrificial meat into three parts. Keep one-third for yourself. Giving gifts to one-third of the rich. One-third to give charity to the fakirs. No share of butchers or laborers can be paid from here as remuneration.
What the Sacrificer should refrain from: When one wishes to offer the Sacrifice and enters the month of Jilhaj, it is haraam for him to cut off any part of his hair, nails or skin, unless he makes the Sacrifice. In the hadith of Umm Salma, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: When the ten days of the month of Jilhaj enter and one of you wishes to make a sacrifice, he will refrain from cutting his hair and nails. He will not be guilty of what he has already cut.
There is no problem in cutting the nails, hair, etc. of the family members of the sacrificial donor. If a Qurbani tada cuts off his hair, nails, or any part of his skin, he should repent and not repeat it, but there is no expiation for it and there will be no problem in the Qurbani. And if a hair falls out by forgetting, or not knowing, or reluctantly, it will not be a sin. And if he is forced to do so for any reason, it is permissible for him, for which he does not have to pay anything. Just as a broken nail is hurting him, he can cut it, so someone’s hair is getting longer, and moving over his eyes, he can cut his hair or cut his hair for any treatment.
Call to the Muslim Brotherhood: Be careful of the good deeds other than the good deeds mentioned above. Such as meeting relatives, avoiding violence and hatred, loving each other and being kind to the poor and the needy and giving them pleasure, etc.
Pray to Allah, may He grant us the tawfiq to do His desired deeds.