Every time we meet non-muslim, the question they ask is What is Islam?. The word Islam means voluntary “Submission” or “Surrender” to the Will of God. It derives from the root word “salam,” meaning peace.
Islam means beliving one God(Allah) And beliving last and final messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammed(PBUH).
What is Islam?
- To affirm the Oneness of God – the praised and glorified Creator – in His essence and His attributes.
- affirm that God alone should be worshipped and that no other being should be worshipped along with Him or instead of Him.
- believe that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the final messenger and belive in the previous Prophet.
- believe in the Five pIllar of Islam
- Belive the in the hereafter or day of judgment
- o safeguard human welfare and oppose corruption and evil. Thus, everything that safeguards faith, life, reason, wealth, and lineage are part of this human welfare that religion protects. On the other hand, anything that endangers these five universal needs is a form of corruption that religion opposes and prohibits.
- To invite people to the highest level of virtue, moral values, and noble customs.
Five Pillar Of Islam
Shahadah ( “ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMEDAN RASUL-ALLAH”.) “I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”
The doctrine of Islam:
- To believe in Allah, the one and the creator.
- To believe in the angels.
- To believe in the prophets of Allah.
- To believe in the revelation of Allah.
- To believe in the last day of the judgment.
- To believe in the predestination, Allah has decreed everything that will happen.
Secret Book of Islam
The Holy Quran is the Holy Book or the Scripture of the Muslims. It lays down for them the law and commandments, codes for their social and moral behavior, and contains a comprehensive religious philosophy. The language of the Quran in Arabic. It is a compilation of the verbal revelations given to the Holy Prophet Muhammad(saw) over a period of twenty-three years.
The Holy Quran is divided into 114 Chapters and each Chapter consists of individual verses. The Chapters (called Surah in Arabic) are of varying lengths, some consisting of a few lines while others run for many pages. The text of the Holy Quran has remained unchanged over the past 1500 years. The millions of copies of the Quran circulating in the world today are all identical down to a single letter. And this is not strange since God says in the Holy Quran that He Himself will guard this book:
“Surely it is We Who have revealed the Exposition, and surely it is We Who are its guardians” (q)
To the Muslims, the Quran is the Word of God and contains complete guidance for mankind. Much of the Quran is about God, His attributes and man’s relationship to Him. But it also contains directives for its followers, historical accounts of certain prophets and peoples, arguments for accepting Muhammad as a genuine Prophet and good news for the believers and warnings for the disbelievers.
How do you Become Muslim or join Islam?
To become Muslim you do not need to do an especial act of worship or sacrifice anything. All you need to do is read the Sahadah and believe in it.
The Shahada can be declared as follows :
أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.
The English translation is :
“I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”
Note: No Muslim is Muslim if he does not believe in Isa(Jesus) alayhi salam.