What the believer should do in case of disease
1) To believe that Allah is the only healer: To believe that Allah is the only one who cures diseases. No one but Him can cure the disease. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “ And when I am ill, He heals me. [ Surah Shu’ara: 60 ] Medicine is the only medium. Allah Almighty has given the cure for these diseases. It is shirk to think that medicine is the main cure. Similarly, it is not permissible to perform dharna at the tomb of the so-called Oli-Auliya due to illness, to take vows at the tomb or tomb, to remember the fortune teller and the deity.
2) Patience: Because the disease is included in the destiny of Allah. So it is a matter of faith to be content with God’s judgment and to be patient. Regarding the dignity of patients, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):“ And be patient, for verily, Allaah is with the patient. ”[ Surah Anfal: 48 ]. He added: “The patient will be repaid in full without reckoning. [ Surah Jumar: 10 ]
The essence of patience is:
(a) not to be upset and to control oneself from expressing frustration and annoyance.
(B) To refrain from making too many complaints about diseases to the people.
(C) To refrain from all words and deeds which bear the mark of impatience.
3) Treatment in a Shariah-compliant manner: Treat in a Shariah-compliant manner with patience; For example, taking treatment in the form of Rukiya or Jhar-Funk, Allopathic, Homoeo, Unani, etc. through the dua which is proved through Quran-Hadith etc. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) himself gave prescriptions for various ailments. However, all kinds of amulets, charms, rings, threads, bracelets, rings, hanging plants on the body, etc. are all excluded. Because, these are not in accordance with the Shari’ah and in many cases fall into the category of shirk.
4) The disease is a means of atonement for sins: To believe that when one is ill, Allah forgives the sins of the believer and increases his dignity with Him. A true believer in all circumstances firmly believes that it is good in his condition.
Suhaib reported that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said: Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delighted, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shows resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it. “ [Sahih Muslim: 2999]
5) Repentance and supplication: It is the duty of the believer to repent to Allah more and more in case of illness and to pray more and more to Allah for healing. In good health, people are unaware of this blessing of Allah. Therefore, when he is ill, he has the opportunity to thank Allah for His blessings as well as to repent to Allah for his sins and to pray to Him. Therefore, in this situation, the opportunity to be included among His beloved servants through more and more repentance, supplication, and return to Allah should not be missed.
In the end, may Allah heal all the diseased people of the world and alleviate the suffering and misery of every human being who has fallen into ill.
Note: if you fall into serious ill you are allowed to take medical treatment. The main purpose of this article is to have trust in Allah.